Chair seat repair usually involves weaving with a seat weaving material over a dowel or frame-type chair seat construction. There are several different options for weaving material when doing this kind of chair seat repair.
- Flat reed and Flat oval reed are easy to work with and durable for indoor chair seats.
- Ash splints are longer lasting and suitable for indoors or out.
- Binder Cane has the added protection of its own bark and is popular for porch rockers.
- Shaker tape is a traditional woven fabric that comes in many colors.
- Fiber rush is a durable paper product that substitutes for twisted cattails.
- Seagrass is a twisted chair seat repair material that turns from green to brown as it ages.
Whichever material you choose, we have fully-illustrated, easy-to-follow booklets with step-by-step instructions so that you can re-weave your chair seat with the confidence that it is going to come out perfect!